Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just a Thought

With everything that life has handed us the last few months, I started thinking. I know...dangerous. I was thinking how precious life is and how fragile. How unfettered our lives can be one moment and the next we are entangled in a web of complications, trials, finances, and on and on and on. All these "important" things distract our focus and shroud our perspectives so heavily we forget what is truly important. Family, relationships, spirituality, renewing and serving one another. To paraphrase a quote, "The most important things in life aren't things". I have to remind myself to savor those moments of joy we experience everyday. Shared laughter, the conversation of comfortable silence, the gentle touch of a child's small hand, holding hands with your spouse...the list is endless if you think about it. Just a thought.

1 comment:

Rae Jean said...

Thanks Mike for that thought. I'm really struggling right now, and it made me think about what is really important to me. I love that thought...on how it isn't the things that are important. You are one in a million!