Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wo is me and other random dribble. . .

This week I have had so many thoughts and feelings stampeding through my head. Some good, others not so good.  My lovely wife, I don't know how or why she puts up with me, sent me a quote at work yesterday attempting to cheer me up.  The quote, in essence, states that rather than worrying about the things that we don't have we should focus on those things that we do have and appreciate them.  My response was another quote that I love.  I wish I could remember who was inspired to give it to me.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. . .It's learning to dance in the rain!
I told Kim I tried to remember this when I get a little down, letting things bother me that I should have become calloused to long ago.  At times I find myself swimming in a pity pool having grown weary of splashing in mud puddles and wiping the rain from my face.  It was suggested to me that I should read and work through a book titled "The Artist Way".  Although the book sounds interesting and beneficial, I won't bore everyone with a synopsis of the benefits it touts.  Suffice it to say that after using my year end bonus to take care of the practical things of life ( I don't mean a new IPAD, that was but a fleeting wish), I may have just enough to purchase the books (3 totaling approximately $35 on Amazon.com) with the help of a few $$ from savings.  From what I have heard and read about this book, it may just be the catharsis I need.  It may be fun to share the epiphanies that I experience as I work through this exercise of discovery.  Time and effort will tell.

3 comments:

Jim and Colby said...

Hey you, I would never know you had any down times. You are always so kind and loving to others. I must admit the iPad would be cool to have......some day. Sure love you Mike, you are a wonderful person!!!!

Jim and Colby said...

Hello, that last comment was not from Colby, I am using her computer....it is from me, your favorite sister-in-law. DeEttie

kim said...

I love you Mr Wood!
And this photois awesome!!!!