Sunday, January 29, 2012

It seems like time gets away from me so quickly these days.  I think I have all the time in the world and then I notice it was weeks ago I posted anything new on our blog.  In the time since my last post, we have welcomed a new grandson into our family, Jett Alan Botkin born on January 13th.  Friday the 13th to be exact - a very lucky day for our family.




News of grandchild number nine, to make his/her appearance in July was a wonderful Christmas gift from Tucker and Michelle.  I have lost 26 pounds of unsightliness and continue to strive to regain the boyish figure I once possessed a hundred years ago.  All these things occurred and not one word was captured or noted for posterity until now.

That statement alone makes me feel parts of my life are like water slipping through my fingers to be soaked up in the sand and forgotten.  I can't help wonder if I will ever leave a significant mark or influence that will be remembered.  These thoughts are arising, I think, out of my personal battle with mortality.  I turned 49 in December.  I realize that isn't old, however, as I approach my front number changing to 5 in 2012, I can't help but reflect back on my life and see the gaping holes I have failed to fill with significance.  I must be indulging in a bit of self pity.  I thought, years ago when I was younger, I would be so much further in so many aspects of my life.  I am not.  I have to remember I have wonderful blessings - a few of which are an amazing beautiful wife that loves me, awesome children that continually astound me with their accomplishments and talents and grandchildren that bring heaven so close to earth I can almost reach out a touch it.  I have to remember I have all this and more.  Every day I have the opportunity to make the choice of how I will embrace the day....I  hope I can consistently make the best choice.

1 comment:

Rae Jean said...

Time to catch up on your blog! LOL. Time flies so fast. I miss the days of the Blogs...and reading about people. I love you sister! RJ