Sunday, January 17, 2010

I know my Savior loves me.

In primary we are learning a new song entitled "I Know that My Savior Loves Me".  My lovely bride shared a tender story today with the senior primary children that also touched my heart.  She mentioned how, over this past week, she has awoken in the middle of the night with the lyrics and melody of this beautiful song running through her mind.  The song has been a comfort to her as we expericence the trial we are now facing with Bob's illness.  It was a stark reminder to me of how forgetful we sometimes are of the Savior's love for us.  Kim's favorite part of the song is the chorus - "I know He lives!  I will follow faithfully.  My heart I give to Him.  I know that my Savior loves me".  What a wonderful testimony that is and what comfort we can glean from these simple words.  I realized, as I hid behind the piano and shed my own tears, the Savior shows his love for me every day of my life.  How does the Savior love me??  Grandchildren that jump on my bed and cuddle next to me as we watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the dark.  Little ones saying, Grandpa, I want to sit by your lap.  Watching a little girl that loves to dance perform for the first time in front of a live audience (see pictures below).  The gentle touch of my wife's hand on my knee as we drive together to work.  Wonderful compassionate doctors in our time of greatest need.  Sticky little faces giving me a mooch that taste like a tootsie pop.  Eskimo kisses and big hugs.  Big brown eyes that light up when I walk into a room.  Music that makes my spirit soar.  The touch of the Spirit in a time of need.  The comfort of heavenly arms to sooth our sorrows and fears.  The list is infinite.  I know my Savior loves me.  He shows me every day.

4 comments:

Rae Jean said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Mike! I too, have had a difficult time teaching this song to the kids this week. The spirit is so strong with the children and the music, and the words are just so touching and real! I had a hard time with the second verse this week..."Now I am here in this beautiful place, Learning the teachings of Jesus. Parents and teachers will help guide the way, Lighting my path every day. Wrapped in the Arms of my Savior's Love, I feel his gentle touch. Living each day I will follow his way, Home to my Father above!" It's all so beautiful and true! Again, thank you for sharing! You do have some pretty special reasons for believing things...love you both and all of your sweet little family!

Barney Blah...g said...

Okay apparently I need to learn this new song, it sounds pretty great. Isn't nice the church provides experiences for our little ones that help strengthen their testimonies. Im pretty sure I began a testimony in Primary singing I am a Child of God!

The Patty Cake House said...

Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. We love you and we are so grateful that we are blessed to know you.

liz said...

Mike it is so good to hear how life is being so good to you. You deserve it. I too am grateful for my savior and his love for me and my family. I love being a grandma. They give the unconditional love that we missed out on with not having kids of our own. Take Care.