Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today is the DAY!!

Well, today is the day I get to participate in NUCLEAR MEDICINE!!! I go to St Al's for a scan and a large dose of radioactive iodine! This iodine will seek and destroy any remaining thyroid cells or cancer cells in my body, so of course, I am very grateful for this procedure. It is supposed to take about two hours at the hospital, then the fun begins! I must be quarantined from everyone for about four days, then go back into the hospital for one last geiger counter reading on Sunday to make sure I am no longer radioactive. I feel bad to send Tuck, Michele and Beck away, and I must also banish my sweet husband to the basement for the most part. I cannot prepare his meals or do his laundry. I cannot wash my dishes with his. I have to have my own bathroom, and sleep alone. It will indeed be a dreary existence without him. But, one I am glad to have, as it signals that things are almost over, hopefully! My thanks to all for your faith and prayers in my behalf. I have surely felt the hand lf the Lord in this whole experience, for which I am eternally grateful.

5 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

I'm so glad that things are going well - besides the fact that you have to be a little lonely for a few days. I hope it goes by really quickly and then life can go back to normal.

Royce said...

I hope you feel better soon. You are truly one of my favorite people Kimalee! You may not believe this but I was never told of your illness. I just found out last week by looking at your blog. It was quite a shock and a scare but it sounds like you are on the mend. We are praying for you and want you to know that we love you and you hubby.

Jim and Katie said...

Does this mean you're going to be glowing green for a few days?? You and Mike can just stand on opposite ends of the house and sing to each other :) Hope it doesn't leave you feeling yucky! Love you - K

Barney Blah...g said...

Hope all goes well for you Kimmey, love you, DeEttie

Rae Jean said...

I was just thinking that I should call you and ask you how your fun diet is going. Sounds like the best part is happening! I wish you loads of luck! Hopefully there will be some good things on TV this weekend. Hugs!